Also, Pages Read in May
When I was in Wisconsin, my sister-in-law Rosanna asked me to list my top five favorite books of all time. I never completed that list for her. Here it is in its entirety, yet in no specific order, save alphabetical:
1. A Country Year: Living the Questions by Sue Hubbell
2. The Broke Diaries by Angel Nissel
3. Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
4. Othello by William Shakespeare
5. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
A few words on why these are my all time favorite books of all time. These books have stood the test of time. Frequently, I will read a book and LOVE IT! Then I would make everyone I know read it. Then, when I return to it...not so much. Whatever got me the first time has faded. So, re-readability is important. Also, these books are wonderful stories: a woman finding herself, a woman finding herself short on cash, finding out that you are the fairy tale, the ultimate price of jealousy and envy, and the simple joys of childhood. Seriously, if you have not read these five, I would recommend each of them without hesitation or qualification.
I know I left some of your favorites off the list: Ender's Game, Anne of Green Gables, A Lantern in Her Hand. But this is your chance to comment. Make your top five list and post it here. Let's see what you love to read.
Also: Pages read in May 4,666. Total for the year: 19, 202 (798 short of where I wanted to be).
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Ok I am going to read your top five this summer! I don't think I have a consistant top five. But here's what I am loving right now.
1. Twilight (Yeah I'm that kind of girl!)
2. Goosegirl by Shannon Hale
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
4. Harry Potter by JK Rowling ( the whole series)
5. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
And I am aware that most of them are kids books. I don't think I'll ever grow up.
I have thought and thought about your post. I am having a hard time narrowing it down to 5 books. A few books that have read repeatedly are the Harry Potter books....love them!
Post a Comment