On E-man's birthday, I promise my students I am going to be in school every day until the end of the tri. I will not miss again. I chat about my big plans to go to Leo's for E-man's birthday and spend dollars and dollars on tokens and root beer.
We pull into the parking lot of Leo's. Roo gets out of the van. She looks at me. "Mommy, I don't feel...(vomit everywhere)."
So we go home. E-man was awesome. He wasn't mad that his sister literally puked all over his birthday. And, Roo made $10. (I give the kids $1 everytime they throw up in the toliet or the bucket; they owe me $1 if they miss. See the blue bucket? That is where the magic happens!)
So, I missed the very next day of school. Awesome. Sorry, kids. No learning today!
Sidenote: I go back to school and tell the vomit everywhere in Leo's parking lot story, and a student says, "That was you?!" Her sister works at Leo's and was telling her all about how some kid threw up all over the parking lot.
Good times.
1 comment:
At least you didn't have to clean spaghetti-o vomit off her floor at 11 o'clock at night. Glad she is feeling much better and E-man forgave her, her trespasses on his birthday.
Post a Comment