Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Roo's Big Hospital Adventure

Roo had her tonsils out last week. This has been a long time coming. The "before" Roo would breathe so loudly at night that I could hear her in the kitchen...with the dishwasher running. She would snore like....well...like my dad. (Be grateful you don't know how bad this is.) We finally got her into the doctor, and he agreed: Those are huge tonsils. For those of you who would like an mental picture to go with this, picture a baby's bum in her throat.

Here she is the morning of the big day. They gave her a pink teddy bear first thing, and it is her new best friend.

Watching cartoons with Daddy at 6:00 in the morning while waiting....always waiting.



They gave her red medicine "to help her relax." Have you ever watched Dora the Explorer high?


After surgery. She had a hard time keeping her blood oxygen much above 85. The nurse gave her the oxygen mask, and Roo slapped it right on her face. Instant solution to the blood oxygen problem. On the phone with Grandma Tina. Roo came out of surgery at 8:30 and was on the phone by 10:30. Note the pink teddy bear. Also, the full cast for her IV. She loved that. It was one of the best parts! Her recovery was quite fast. By 7:00 that night, I was nagging Roo to quit skipping around the house. She was off pain meds within a few days, and she loves telling people about her hospital adventure.
Post surgery, I can't hear her at night at all. I lay in bed and think, "I can't hear Roo. What's wrong? Should I go check on her? I never hear E-man at night. Why doesn't that bother me? Is he okay???" and so on, etc.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh, the joy of oxygen! I can relate to that. I'm glad it is over for her (and you), and that everyone is still standing!