Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yes, I was ignoring you.

But you didn't go away. So, here's more. . .whatever.

I'm back from Baltimore. It was a wonderful trip in that I got the training I needed, and I was able to take someone from Skyline with me. Now there are two of us! Splitting the workload. Woot! It was raining 95% of the time we were in Maryland, but I was able to slip out for a walk in the 5 minutes of sunshine we had. We walked up Charleston Street to the original Washington Monument. Not that fancy-schmansy one in Washington DC, but the first one built in the US. It's in Baltimore. (For you Ace of Cakes fans, there was an episode at the Washinton Monument once. Duff fell off the stage. It was Christmas. The lighting of the Monument. Tina? Remember?)

Here is a crappy picture of said monument. The guy on the horse is actually La Fayette, one of the greatest American heroes period, except for the fact that he is French. The Tall Thing in the back is the Washington Monument. Let's see if I have a better picture. . . .And, I don't. Looks like this one is good enough, eh?

The coolest part about the Washington Monument was the church across the street. It is an 18th century building that is still a working church. People get to come here every Sunday for church! How cool is that?! I don't remember what kind of church it is, though. Justin thinks it might be Roman Orthodox. Meh. Don't much care. I just thought it was awesome.

2 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You have to love the East for all of it's statues and monuments and "old" buildings (you know, older than the barns built almost 100 years ago that we admire in the west - and they are beautiful - but not as old as the buildings in Europe and Asia that have been standing for longer than there have been non-native-Americans on this continent!) Glad you had fun!

Tina said...

Ah, yes I do in fact remember that episode. Poor Duff. :)