Over Christmas Break, I was talking to my lovely and smart sister-in-law Rosanna about a book she was reading. She said it wasn't the best book, but she needed to finish it to hit her "page goal" for 2008. I was intrigued by the idea of a page goal. Hmmm....how many pages could I read in 2009? So, I set a goal for 10,000 pages in 2009.
Today is the last day of January. I am 1/12 through the year. And I have read 2,968 pages in 10 books. If I finish the book I am currently reading today, I will have 3,234 pages and eleven books.
If I were to base my goal upon pages I will read using that new-fangled "mathematics" stuff, I should read 38,808 pages this year without stressing. But isn't the point of a goal to stretch yourself? Shouldn't I have to work to achieve the goal? The number 38,808 doesn't take into account the summer when I read more than I do during the school year.
So, here is my new goal: 50,000 pages. I'll keep you up to date with how I am doing.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Wow!! That is a hefty goal--but no doubt I know you can do it!! I need to borrow some of those books you read. I maybe could have a goal of 1 book a month...not much I know but I need people to tell me what books to read!!
Only 50,000, come on I think you could go for an easy 100,000.
Holy Cow! That would be virtually impossible for me. I did set a reading goal for this year and you will laugh, but my goal is to read at least 1 book this year. Pathetic huh, but it is a start. You'll be proud though, because I have almost read my one book already and I am planning on buying and reading another book.
Post a Comment