Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged (multiple times) on Facebook, and I finally broke down and did it. Since some people don't have access to my Facebook page, here is my list of 25 random facts about me. Enjoy!

1. I hate to fly in airplanes. The takeoff and landing get me every time. I fly a couple times a year, and every trip I freak out because the plane has to land and take off. And, I am afraid that I will have to sit next to someone who hasn't showered. That would be gross.

2. I read really, really fast. I can read a book in just a few hours. In high school I was tested and read several hundred word per minute. I don't know how I do it.

3. Books are soothing. When I was little, I would sleep with books in my bed.

4. I hate not being the best. I have to work at being gracious when people beat me. Like, the 3-on-3 basketball game I lost today at lunch. I have no basketball skillz, but I was MAD that my team lost our game.

5. I like to shop, but hate to spend money.

6. I miss being in Relief Society. I have been in the Primary (which I love) for 2 1/2 years, and I don't feel like a member of the RS anymore.

7. Playing the piano is a great stress reliever.

8. I don't know what to do with my hair. I have about 2 feet of the stuff right now, but don't know if I should cut it, maintain, or grow it longer. I usually donate my hair to Locks of Love every two years. The two year mark is at the end of February. Should I cut my hair again? If so, how should I cut it?

9. I have a not-so-secret desire to be really, really rich.

10. I love my roots in Idaho Falls. I have a friends that I've know for 29 years and friends I've know for not-quite-as-long. I have students whose families I've know since I was little Billie Wheatley and members of my ward have know Justin since he was a baby.

11. I hate the radio. I don't like the music on any station except the 60s rock stuff. I hate radio commercials. If I listen to the radio, I listen to NPR. Otherwise, I listen to books on CD. Hate the radio. Ugh.

12. I am afraid of my kids when they have the stomach flu. I am afraid they are going to throw up on me, which is gross. I can clean up vomit, no problem. I just don't want to be thrown up on. This is a vast improvement over my teen years, when I couldn't even be in the same house as someone who *might* vomit.

13. I like diet Coke. In college, I tried to switch to regular coke but it was too heavy and sweet. I like the chemical burn of diet. Yum.

14. I don't know the difference between the Shiites and the Sunnis. Yet, I pretend to when I teach the foreign policy unit.

15. I look like my dad. I take after my mom in every other respect.

16. I don't like potatoes, tomatoes, or bananas. They feel funny in my mouth.

17. I worry too much. And, then I worry that I worry too much. Then, I worry that I'm not worried about the right things. Then, I worry about worring some more.

18. I love to garden. Except for weeding. That seems like a lot of work. That's why Justin does it.

19. I am learning to write with my left hand. I think it is an important life skill. Then I can work the mouse with my right hand and take notes with my left. See? Ingenious.

20. As soon as I know I am pregnant, I know if my baby is a boy or a girl. I do not know, however, what you are having.

21. I would like to be a SAHM, but don't think that day will ever come. It's just not in the cards for me right now.

22. I hate to call people on the phone. I am sure that they have 1001 things that they need to be doing besides talking to me. I especially hate to call for a baby sitter. I get so embarrassed.

23. I hate it when I am late to things. On time is 10 minutes early. I hate it when people are late and make me wait. Who are they to waste my time? Am I not that important?

24. I can pick things up with my toes. They are like mini-fingers on my feet. I can also pinch with my toes.

25. I did not think that I was going to figure out 25 things to write about me. I'm kinda boring.

5 comments:

Joy said...

You are definately not kindof boring. You are awesome!!

The Freed Family said...

That was fun to read! I've been the Relief Society pianist for 2 1/2 years now too, so maybe they'll switch us.

engineergirl said...

It's freaky how alike we are. NPR - we're so liberal!

Billie said...

You should see the Obama t-shirt I wore on Inauguration day!

Sarah L. said...

Wow! I didn't know you could pick things up with your toes. Now that is a life skill if you ask me;))) I have to tell you that I have been saving money like crazy with coupons;) Yesterday I spent $78 and saved $95. Oh yeah baby. I love it sooo much. Thanks for your help:)))