Thursday, December 31, 2009

Something Catchy about Floors

It is no secret I have long hated my carpet. Seriously, who puts cream carpet in a living room? A person with no kids and no clue. Well, I got a clue. Look. You can see where the couch has been since we moved in. Wasn't the carpet lovely once?

Now I have this lovely wood in the living room, the hall, and the kitchen. We will do the bedrooms this summer. Isn't it pretty?

We are 2/3rds done with the install. Justin has been working on it in his spare time, and it is coming along wonderfully. Kelby even helped for a day. Woot.


But....until we are done with the install, I will live without a stove or dishwasher.

Also, don't ring the doorbell. I shan't be able to reach the front door for a while.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do you need a microwave cook book?
Your floor looks great though!! I can't wait to get new flooring for the upstairs!

The Freed Family said...

Looks awesome. Goes great with the new paint job, too. Nobody must have had a clue because I think we all have that cream carpet!!

Julie said...

Looks really nice!

engineergirl said...

At least your pyramid of Diet Coke is readily accessible. You have your priorities straight.