Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Love/Hate Relationship with Vacations

I just got back from back-to-back vacations. I love going on vacation. I hate going on vacation. Here is the love/hate relationship I have with travel.

I love
1. maid service. Seriously. If I use the last towel, I don't have to worry about when I will wash a load of towels. If the bed isn't made, I don't have to do it. Love the maid service.
2. mandatory restaurant eating. I don't have a kitchen, so we have to eat out. Every meal. Love it!
3. complimentary breakfast. Coming downstairs to hot eggs and sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, and that spiffy waffle iron?! I need this life!
4. the adventure. Where are we going? Is it going to be awesome?
5. coming home.

I hate
1. waiting. Waiting in traffic. Waiting at the airport. Waiting for so-and-so to quit hogging the bathroom. Waiting for ________ so we can go do _________. Half of travel is waiting.
2. hotel pillows. They just aren't thick enough or firm enough.
3. lack of privacy. There isn't any place to shut a door and be alone for five minutes. No, not even the bathroom (Have you meet the Terror Twins?).
4. that I have no control. I'm not flying the plane. My plans are dependent on someone else.
5. coming home.

1 comment:

engineergirl said...

I so did NOT hog the bathroom in Milwaukee!