Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Formal Request

Conversation in the car...

E: I want a brother.
Me: I thought you didn't want a baby in our house.
E: Not a baby, a brother! The same size as me, I think.
Me: That's not how brothers come to be.
E: Yes it is. I want a brother.
Me: Would I get a bad headache like Zues before Athena jumped from his head?
E: Whatever, Mom. I want a brother.
Roo: I like babies.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Billie ~ Are you wanting to announce something or is it even an intention. You do make cute kids!!From the mouth of babes!! Im sure it make's you think a bit? Huh Jody

Amberly said...

When I was pregnant with my last baby my other girls told me that if I didn't have a boy they were going to leave. Then, the day for the ultrasound came and they had changed their minds and wanted a sister. Good thing they change their minds!

Tina said...

He only thinks he wants a brother. He would quickly change his mind if he were in a house full of them...send him over. He'll quit asking!

stoner said...

Well, I guess now you have to have a boy--he did ask nicely. :D

My kids ask all the time, and I tell them that they can have another sibling when their papa carries it.....they don't like that answer, especially after finding out boys can't have babies..... :D