Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I did not buy those books!

And I don't care what Estonia Book Seller Girl says. I did not buy her books. Nor did tell her the names of any of my neighbors. In fact, I denied that anyone who lived near me had children or told her that the houses were abandoned.

I told Estonia Book Seller Girl that I thought her books were just like every other kids' book I've seen and nothing special. I did not buy her books.

She will come to your house and say I bought them. She will show you a list that says my name. But think about it. Think about me. Would I buy over-priced, door-to-door hawked books? Without a coupon???? I don't think so.

I did not buy her books.

But she has made me angry.

6 comments:

Amberly said...

She came to my house too! I didn't answer the door. I will never ever buy stuff from people who sell door to door. So annoying!!

The Freed Family said...

Hilarious! That's true....what was I thinking....no coupon, no buyer!

Joy said...

She dropped about 5 names of people in the neighborhood that she talked to--I just told her no and that I was in the middle of making dinner--then I shut the door on her.

Tina said...

The names on the list cracked me up. She was asking what neighbors were home when two houses OBVIOUSLY had kids running in and out. Whatever. And no, I did not offer to make her cookies or anything else. Yes, your accent is lovely...but no I don't want to hear it again. Besides that, I know that most of the names on that list already have everything you are hawking or won't buy from you. Leave me alone. PS, ever heard of the internet? I'm pretty sure that it can tell me what animla has the hairiest nose.

stoner said...

Yikes....thanks for the warning.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see your name on the list. I told her no 5 times before I finally shut the door. She didn't take no for an answer!!! My dad's favorite saying was always persist until you succeed, I guess she persists!!