Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Books Read in March

Whoa, Nelly. I did a bit of reading in March. I was on Spring Break for 9 days, so that upped my page total. Here is my report:

I read 4,801 pages. (I also read 100+ pages of my Econ textbook, but I am not counting that in my total. That is not fun reading.) That brings my year-to-date total up to 11,481 pages read. I'm still about 1,000 pages behind, but I can make that up easy!

I did read one of my favorite books of all time and am halfway through my other all-time favorite. The one I did finish is called The Broke Diaries, which are the true tales of a "good girl gone broke." An excerpt: Dear Broke Diary: This senior citizen guy who lives in my building says he hasn't been smelling my good cooking lately. I tell him how broke I am. He looks over the top of his glasses and sees my sad, emaciated eyes staring back at him. He reaches into his wallet. I object, but he insists. He pulls out some purple money. I'm thinking it's like a Jamaican dollar bill...but it's a damn food stamp! No joke, y'all. Old brother gave a sister a food stamp. As wild as that was, you know I wasn't letting that $5 go to waste. Plus, old man schooled me that if I spend $4.01, I get 99 cents in real money back!!! It is super funny, but with rather salty language. Definitely PG for language. My other all-time favorite will be featured next month, after I finish it.

4 comments:

Wammack Family said...

I did well this month, but your total killed me.

engineergirl said...

Girl, the only thing I have read this month is blogs. I'm pathetic.

Joy said...

Wow you are quite the reader. I am proud to say that I just finished 350 pages in 3 days because of vacation! and I thought I was a reader HA HA HA

stoner said...

Honestly, how do you do it? You need a post that explains how.....like Joy, I am happy with a few hundred pages...