Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Obligatory Twilight Post

I've read Twilight. I liked the book a lot. Thanks to my friend-from-birth Ace, I was able to go to the midnight showing on opening day. I went again to see it for La Tisha's birthday. We finally got a copy today. I find the movie to be fairly cheesy, but I like it like I like King Arthur. It's good enough, so I put it on when I have to have background noise.


Here is where I get controversial. I am not on Team Edward. Nor am I on Team Jacob. I am a one-woman Team Jasper. Seriously, he is my favorite character in the books. I don't necessarily like what they did to him in the movie. This guy was suppose to be a kickin' Civil War officer who battled rogue vampires. I just don't see it on screen. Nevertheless, I do like the whole baseball scene.


I'm 95% sure my next child will be a boy (not an announcement), and I'm thinking Jasper is a mighty fine name for the next Wixom. However, I lost the battle over Roo's name. I may lose this one, too.

3 comments:

stoner said...

This is my obligatory Twilight comment:

Heck....I like them all! YUM! YUM!

I did find Jasper's piercing looks in the movie a bit comical--I don't remember that from the book.

Amberly said...

I am a complete lover of all things Twilight! Jasper is great in the books, the movie did not do him justice. I also think Emmett was better in the books.

Tina said...

Still team Jacob...but he has a LOT of growing to do...and really, why mess with Jasper's real hair? He is somuch hotter 'real.' And Emmett...yum :)