
I am a Bzz-Agent. I am currently in the Glade Sense & Spray campaign. Sense & Spray has a motion-activated freshness system that only dispenses freshener when the room is occupied. I have a ton of air fresheners, and I don't really need the one they sent me. So, let's have a contest called "What's that funky smell?" Describe a mystery smell that you or someone you know have experienced and the source of that funky smell. Post the story as a comment. The contest will end at midnight Thursday.
Example: A friend of my mother's had a funky smell in her kitchen. She could not figure out what it was. She threw away her fruit, her potatoes, her milk, and bleached her sink. She finally found the smell. One of her kids had put a bunch of garbage in an empty cereal box after cleaning up dinner. Another child had put the cereal box back on the shelf not realizing it was full of trash.
6 comments:
My Great Funky Smell:
After getting home one day I realized that the kitchen had a horrible smell. I searched everywhere, I clean everything and for the life of me I had no idea what it was. In the end, someone had put the potatoes away in a cabinet, and I had no idea that they were there. They had grown long roots and were starting to decompose...talk about a funky smell.
I got two of the Sense and Sprays and they are cool. I have another bathroom that could use one.
I also had a mystery smell in the kitchen. I checked through the whole pantry, potatoes, santized the sink, cleaned the fridge, but kept smelling it. Finally, I realized it was my grease can where I dump grease from meat. Who knew that could cause such a stench?
I can't belive you are asking for these stories. I'm getting a little nauseas just thinking about it.
My Funky Smell Story:
I walked into my eight-year-old's bedroom and it reaked of pee. I was worried because she is too old to be having accidents. I looked everywhere and finally asked her, "Did you pee your bed?" And she told me that she hadn't. So, I tried to be sneaky and said, "It's okay....everyone does it at some time....did you have an accident in your bed?" Again her answer was "NO!" She asked me why all the questions....and I told her my suspicions. She said that she didn't know what I was talking about...her room smelled perfectly fine to her. At that time, she climbed to the top bunk and began munching on her old theater popcorn from the day before--the source of the stink! Who knew that popcorn smelled like pee? Does pee taste like popcorn? Things that make you go HMMMMMMMM.....
Our Funky Smell
When we lived in Iowa we lived by a bunch of fields. Well one day we had this horrible smell in our kitchen. It smelled like something dead. We looked everywhere and couldn't find it, then the smell went away. Then it came back, went away, came back. Finally Jared pulled out the fridge to find that a mouse had died next to the fan, so when it kicked on the smell came. When it was off no smell. So gross!!
Candice
So I have to say I can top you all! I took care of an older women once who had been diagnosed with breast CA 3 years prior but had done nothing about it. She was older and decided she did not want to live her life out doing surgery, chemo, and or radiation. Instead she chose to ignore her diagnosis. So she also chose not to tell anyone on the medical staff or her family about her previous diagnosis. So when she came into be cared for her breast's were leaking this red (danish dessert) consistency fluid. We wrapped her breasts in depends diapers, chux pads (the pads they put under you when your water's broken) wrapped all around her breasts from keeping from leaking on the floor. Finally the general surgeon decided he needed to open her breasts up and figure out what the rotting smell was and why her boobs were leaking this smell that would cause you to vomit in your tracks. Well guess who got to scrub into the case. Lucky me!!!
Well we decided alot of prep needed to occur prior to this surgery. So in preparation the surgeon and I both stuck vicks vapor rub up our noses and double masked and gloved. I'm really not kidding if you smelled this you really had to turn and run or you would throw up on your shoes. Well he made the incision and out just oozed this reddish green tinged stuff. Her breast was hallow just full of this stuff. Needless to say the cancer in her breasts was eating the flesh away. So basically it was rottin flesh. Well we didn't even sew her breast's togather we ended the case and planned for a complete breast removal the next day. We packed her breasts with sterile gauze, dressed them the best we could then wrapped depends diapers and chuxs pads around them and had to change them hourly. I have yet to ever smell that again but I have lots of disgusting smell story's this just takes the cake.
um. ew.
Post a Comment